Add a circuit to a backpack or handbag. In this Bring Your Own Bag program, participants bring a bag, backpack, or purse and enhance it with an LED accessory.
Guided Professional Development (before hosting the activity): Educators will learn to use a vinyl cutter or laser cutter to transform affordable craft materials into modular components for use in public programs. Materials may include playing cards, felt, foam, duct tape, matchboxes, denim, and more. Once modified, these materials can be reused across many settings. They can also be included in take-home activities.
Included in workshop package:
- 1-hour webinar, self-guided training module, and digital design files for library staff to prep for program facilitation
- Online/tablet-based tutorial to guide participants through the activity
- 2 sample projects included for workshop demonstration
- Source list for circuit and craft materials
Estimated materials cost to be budgeted separately:
- Typical cost per take-home project = $6.
- Participants bring a bag or backpack (or budget approx $15 for unisex bags).