Discover paper thin circuits as you create wearable technology for a Teddy Bear or an 18" doll. Participants will learn about flexible circuit technology and paper-thin batteries; think creatively about an application for their circuit; and engage in problem-solving related to embedding a circuit board inside a product.
Guided Professional Development (before hosting the activity): Educators will learn to use a vinyl cutter or laser cutter to transform affordable craft materials into modular components for use in public programs. Materials may include playing cards, felt, foam, duct tape, matchboxes, denim, and more. Once modified, these materials can be reused across many settings. They can also be included in take-home activities.
- 1-hour webinar, self-guided training module, and digital design files for educator staff to prep for program facilitation
- Online/tablet-based tutorial to guide participants through the activity
- 2 sample projects included for workshop demonstration
- Source list for circuit craft materials
Estimated materials cost to be budgeted separately:
- Typical cost per take-home project = $8.